Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dreams...

I laid down last night to go to bed with a completely restless mind and it showed through my dreams. It wasn't one of those action packed or scary dreams. It was a dream about the future. 
It all started with me, but older (like 35ish). I sat at a desk with a notebook in front of me and writing throughout the entire thing. All words in my handwriting with my thoughts, things I haven't mentioned often or just seem to think in the recesses of my mind. Worries, hopes, ambitions, opinions, and more were scribbled in my chicken-scratch on the worn out looking page. I watched myself flip restlessly through the book absorbing every word. Then I saw a faint smile creep onto my face. It was refreshing from the concentrated look that had been there. I wondered what I was laughing at. So as I glanced over my own shoulder to read the words on the page, I noticed the bold title written at the top of the page:

My Plan

I knew exactly why I was laughing. What was written on that page in no way matched the life of the older Mackenzie that I saw reading. It was refreshing to know that my plan wasn't the one that mattered. My plan was simple and like every other girls plan:
  • Graduate
  • Get married
  • Get my dream job
  • Buy a beautiful house
  • Have kids
  • Raise them well
  • Retire well
This was my plan. I don't know the life of the older Mackenzie, but I do know one thing, it didn't go exactly according to my plan. It was His plan that ended up shining through my life. I saw my eyes fill with tears as I ripped the page out of the notebook looked at it intently then crumpled it up and threw it into the garbage. I have a feeling that as good as my plan is, His will is so much better. 

I can't wait to see what happens...

Laying Down Myself
Kenzie Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment