Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Glamorous

I had this semi-recent discovery and it kind of made me question myself. Here's the deal. I get up in the morning and spend about an hour doing my hair, makeup, and getting dressed. I like looking nice. I don't look amazing every day, I get that, but I do kind of care what people think when they look at me, and like most other girls, I'll add about 30 minutes to my preparation time in order to try to impress a guy I like.

Don't misunderstand what I'm about to say. I don't think it's wrong to try to look presentable.

I started to worry about something. What if I spend more time trying to make what's on the outside look nice, but forget to care about what is on the inside? The Bible tells women that beauty is fleeting and the more I think about it, the more that starts to burn. If we care more about how we look than who we are, we've completely missed it. How we dress ourselves up and appear to others is so surface. God knows the depths of our hearts. He cares more about your heart than your hair. Just as a guy should.

A guy will not like you more if you put on eye-liner that matches your shoes, but if you are selfless, he will see that. A guy will not care if one piece of your hair isn't perfectly straight, but if  you have slept around, he's going to be hurt. A guy will not care if your jeans have weird pockets, but he will notice if you have a bad attitude all the time.

Maybe some of us girls are focusing on the wrong thing.

Challenge: 
Just like you add 30 minutes to the time you take to get ready for a date, add 30 minutes once a week to your time in the Word. Call it a daddy-daughter date if you want. Read some Scripture, then pray. I would try reading Proverbs 31. It talks about how to be a woman of God.

I'm going to take the challenge. Are you?

Not every picture has to be so glamorous (;

Laying Down Myself
Kenzie Mason 

No comments:

Post a Comment