Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome (:


In the world that we live in, desiring what is in our own interest is so common and easy. I've tried striving for my own happiness, purpose, and significance and have only found emptiness in what the world promises will be my everything. After I decided that I can't live for myself, I found a hope beyond what I can even understand. All I know is that His love and grace has covered me and has given me everything that the world promised, but with more hope and acceptance that it ever thought about offering. I have hope for my future because I know the One who is in charge of it. I used to waste so much time worrying about myself and not caring about other people, but it is past time for that to change. It's time to know who I am and what I'm living for. 

I hope that as I live and learn and write, people can read the realness and relate to it. I'm going to talk about my struggles, concerns, and observations. If you want to read a blog about someone perfect who lives a perfect life, you've come to the wrong place. If you want someone who will write to please you, you're at the wrong place. If you want to know what I think about life, learn about God, and change about myself, then welcome to "Laying Down Myself". 

The reason I named this blog "Laying Down Myself" is because of Luke 9:23 
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."
Taking up the cross means laying down your hopes, loves, desires, and life and taking up righteousness, true love, hope, and salvation. It's an amazingly beautiful and an extremely difficult transition. I can't wait to be open and honest and have a place to think. So without further ado, welcome to my life. 



Laying Down Myself
Kenzie Mason 



No comments:

Post a Comment