Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Artist

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my personal opinion, art class is the worst class ever. I like my teacher (for the most part) and I like the people in my class, but I hate art. I'm not good at it. We had to do a self portrait a little less than a month ago and I think I completely proved that I am incapable of drawing...or painting...or really even tracing. I'd like to pretend I'm good at it but I'm not.

Now I'm about to shift gears, you'll see where this is going in a second, just stay with me.

A few days ago I was driving to my best friend and cousin, Sunni's house. I was passing by Southeast with all the big trees around and literally stopped the car in the middle of the road. Don't worry, no cars were around. What laid around me was one of the most exquisite looking scenes. On my left I saw the cross of the building laying against the beautiful pink/orange/purple sunset. The colors were magnificent. Something totally supernatural. Then I noticed the fall leaves in their varieties of orange and red and brown with the contrast of the lively green grass. I wish everyone could experience that sight for a moment. As if the scene wasn't enough, the words "His love never fails" rang through the radio of my car.
He is an amazing artist. He created the actual things that we base our art on. We can never create it quite like He can and it just makes me realize all over again that I could never compare to Him.
To conclude, I'd like to share a quote that hangs in our art room at school that completely sums this up. It's by Andy Grimes.

"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist. The less the artist does, the better."

No comments:

Post a Comment