Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Awake.

I'm laying in bed wide awake at 1:30 in the morning. I have school tomorrow and am desperately in need of sleep, but instead of having a clear mind and resting peacefully, I have a list of mistakes running through my mind. There are things I've done wrong in my life and as I lay here, his voice whispers in my ear. "You're a failure. Who would be proud of you? If people knew, would they look at you the same? You are worthless. No one loves you." Satan has a way of speaking into our mistakes and letting us think that these things define us. He has a way of making us feel guilt for a debt that has already been paid for and wiped off your record. 
That's right. He's lying to you. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He steals your joy and peace, kills your hopes and ambitions, and destroys you from the inside out, but only if you let him. Satan is stronger than we are often, but when God is on your side, you have the one who has conquered the thief and murderer. He was victorious that day when He rose from the dead. In doing so, he wiped away our sins so that we do not live as slaves, bound by the chains of sin, but free in the love and grace of God. 
Tonight, in my weariness, I claim His freedom. Satan can not tell me who I am; I already know who I am. I am a daughter of God and He adopted me into His family. He chose me before the foundations of the world were made. He thought of me when He sent His son to earth to die. He paid for my sins with innocent blood. I am free, not because I deserve it, I don't. Satan's right about that. I am undeserving of the grace, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I have had it freely offered to me. I am grateful now because I can go to sleep in peace knowing that it's all a lie. I sleep knowing that I have hope for tomorrow. 

Goodnight, Late Night Bloggers

Kenzie Nickole
Laying Down Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment