Monday, January 7, 2013

Silence is Key

I'll be honest. I wish some of the things I said and did today, I could take back only because I know it wasn't pleasing to the Lord.

Colossians 3:12-14 (Message)
So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. 
AND REGARDLESS OF WHAT ELSE YOU PUT ON, WEAR LOVE. 
It's your basic, all-purpose garment. 
NEVER BE WITHOUT IT.

Wow. . . talk about humbling. I think of the things that I've said today that haven't been graced with love. Instead it has been stained and polluted with anger. 

I'm sorry for the lack of discipline and self-control. Those things are not from the Lord. Let God grant me the strength and the courage to follow His will. . . and stay silent in the face of adversity.

Kenzie Mason
Laying Down Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment