Monday, June 10, 2013

What If...

I can't help but think that everyone has days (or nights) where "What Ifs" cloud your mind. I hope it's not just me searching through this meaningless and pointless fog. I hate to wish confusion on people...and I don't really mean it that way. If I could, I would choose to be out of the confusion rather than pulling you all in ( you're welcome (; ) Anywho...that's beside the point.

I guess I just feel like I'm the only one thinking back years or months or days and thinking "What if I handled that situation with more grace and dignity?" Or "What if that person never came into my life?" Or maybe even "What if I didn't struggle with that sin in that one instant? Would it change who I am today?" 

I feel like these are such meaningless and pointless questions. They're gone. Done. Over. Never able to be taken back. 

I'm not saying all "What Ifs" are bad. I think a lot of them are GREAT. You just have to make them that way. For example:
What if tomorrow I show someone Christ's love?
What if someone comes to Christ because I stopped and listened to them talk? 
What if someone who feels lonely needs me to be a friend to them? Will I take the challenge? 
What if I put away my selfish, ignorant pride and said those words that need to be said and heard..."I'm sorry". 

Just think about it...What if we changed our view on "What Ifs"?

Kenzie Mason
Laying Down Myself



No comments:

Post a Comment